Friday, December 28, 2012

My Very First Tangle

My First Tangle #001 12/26/2012
I recently heard about Zentangle in a quilting class.  It seemed random to have a drawing technique come up in a sewing class, but really it fits in well with quilting pattern design.

I did more research on Zentangle and found it really inspired me.   It is a form of structured doodling -- just my sort of thing.   Also, people find it to be very relaxing and even sometimes meditative as one focuses on each stroke of the drawing and clearing one's head of all other busy thoughts.   In addition, it is done on a small scale with the intention of being able to finish it in one sitting (definitely a good fit for my attention span).

I studied more about the process and then went and grabbed a notebook and drawing pen.   I immediately loved the process.
#002  12/26/2012

My husband was impressed with what I'd done, and I convinced him he, too, could do it.   I quickly put together a second tangle to show him the process.    His attention span was about 30 seconds, so that didn't work out so well and I ended up rushing through it.  I don't like it as well as my first one, but it's work in progress for sure, and I learned some new patterns and techniques.




No comments:

Post a Comment